Before you begin the application process
Read the CHS Statement of Faith. Applicants must be in full agreement with this before completing the application.
General Requirements for All Positions:
- All employees of Christian Hills School are Christians with an authentic personal relationship with Jesus Christ personally and professionally.
- The employees have a spiritual maturity with a calling and commitment to Christian education.
- Demonstrated leadership and innovation in an educational environment.
- All employees have a role in fulfilling the mission of Christian Hills School to "Glorify God...disciple students and pursue excellence in education."
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An ability to maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality.
Junior High History and Science Teacher
Qualifications: Illinois State Teaching License
- Needs to have an authentic personal relationship with Jesus Christ personally and professionally.
- Must have a spiritual maturity with a calling and commitment to Christian education.
- Demonstrates leadership and innovation in an educational environment
- Have a role in fulfilling the mission of Christian Hills School to “Glorify God, Discipline students and pursue excellence in educational skills.
- Develop and implement a curriculum and lesson plans that will foster knowledge and skills essential to effectively teach students in the grade assigned.
- Create hands-on, inquiry-based, project-based lessons that build excitement for science and history.
- Demonstrate scientific concepts using models, technology, and other standard or teacher-prepared instructional aids.
- Evaluate each student’s progress in their scientific knowledge and skills.
- Communicate with parents to discuss the individual student’s progress.
Spanish Teacher (PK-8th Grade Program)
The ideal candidate must have the ability to articulate a Biblical worldview and consider himself or herself to be an educator who embraces current best practices. Candidates should possess a desire to grow within a professional learning community and be enthusiastic about teaching and learning. Candidates should exhibit a passion for teaching and working with children and uphold the highest standards of excellence professionally and personally. Candidates should be willing to collaborate with staff members and families.
- Instructs and supervises students in a variety of school-related settings.
- Monitors and evaluates student outcomes. Is particularly adept at generating student conversation in the
- Spanish language.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes at designated locations and times.
- Maintains a safe and orderly learning environment.
- Plans and implements instructional programs that adhere to goals and priorities and meet the needs, interests,
- and abilities of students.
- Prepares and documents appropriate lesson plans, based upon adopted curricula, in order to reach
- instructional objectives.
- Skill in communicating with students, their parents, administrator, and others.
- Ability to read, write and speak Spanish fluently.
Christian Hills School is seeking substitute teachers who have enjoyed success in high quality educational environments. This individual must understand the importance of teaching the whole child, demonstrate the ability to love and build community, and have a passion to integrate the truth of Christ in all situations.
- Commitment to CHS and its mission: Develop students to be academically equipped and spiritually led.
- Demonstrates abilities, skills, and knowledge as an educator.
- Regular involvement in a local church
- Proven heart for ministry to students and parents
- Love for Christ
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven positive character in home, work place, and community
This is an after-school program that emphasizes academic excellence and spiritual growth. We are seeking driven and compassionate workers to work with our students.
- Providing direct care to a team of up to 30 students.
- Lead programs for reading activities, spiritual mentoring, and academic assistance.
- Maintain student attendance and enrollment data. Qualifications
- Must have a personal and saving relationship with Jesus Christ, be a member or regular attendee of a Bible-believing church, and model biblical/Christian principles.
- Develop relationships with students, families, and school.
- Lead groups of students in academic, extra-curricular and spiritually enriching activities.
Download Faculty Application Download Non-Faculty Application
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org